y.e.s. Youth Enquiry Service Colchester
y.e.s. provides a confidential, non-judgemental and informal service for young people between the ages of 11 and 25 within Colchester and Tendring, who are facing difficulties in their lives.
If you are facing homelessness and need housing advice, if you are having family problems, if you are feeling low, depressed or suicidal, if you need advice about debts or would like to check you are claiming all the benefits you are entitled to, if you are teenager and are pregnant, if you are a young family who needs support, or if you need a CV, training or work advice, then y.e.s. can help you.
y.e.s. can provide help and support with many problems that you may be experiencing – and if we can’t help you ourselves then we will find someone who can, and will support you in getting that help.
Colchester’s very own early Youth Enquiry Service has been serving the community for 30 years now and here’s what we have learnt:
1) The issues facing young people are increasing in severity and impact
2) The attitude towards mental health has positively progressed within our community, but is not gaining enough support at government level
3) Our early intervention services have helped thousands to avoid crisis support services later in life, saving millions in social care
4) The people we see are not constrained to any specific demographics
5) Sometimes all people really need is someone to listen and encourage
6) Children today are exposed to innumerable more influences through social media than ever before
7) A couple hours in a garden can be all it takes to bring out a long-forgotten smile
“If you need help, the answer is y.e.s. – supporting young people.”