“The dementia team made a real difference to my father’s life. They have supported us from before his diagnosis to now and we are incredibly grateful.”
Living with dementia can be challenging, especially without support.
Our specialist dementia advisers are there to guide anyone who is affected by dementia, from the person themselves through to family members and carers. Some of the most common topics that people seek information and advice on are:
• Understanding the route to diagnosis.
• The different types of dementia and their common characteristics.
• Practical tips to manage common areas of difficulty.
• Support in finding local clubs and groups.
• Finding good care – what to look for and how to access this.
• Understanding funded social care.
• Support for informal carers – finding respite services, support groups and benefits.
• Planning ahead – equipment such as adaptations and assistive technology, Power of Attorney, Advance Decisions and Advance Statements.
As well as providing advice and information we can refer you to dementia friendly activity and support groups, volunteer friendship and support to access benefits.
To find out more about our Dementia Support Service and the different ways we can help and support you, call us on 0300 37 33 333.
Living with dementia
If you need dementia support, we’re here to support you. We know dementia affects everyone differently. So whether you or a loved one is affected by dementia, get in touch.
People are at the heart of what we do, read some of their stories here.
Read our latest news, stories and updates from our local community.
We can make a real difference to you or someone you know.
We are here for people in later years. We empower you to age well.