The practice was established in 1958 by Dr Sir Benedict Hoskyns who retired in June 1993, when Dr Balin (BSc, MBBS, DRCOG) took over. Dr Michael Coggan (MBBS MRCGP, BSc, DRCOG) joined in March 2005 and took over in March 2006. Dr Sabine Klapper joined the practice in April 2012.
The surgery currently has a temporary halt on registering new patients. All patients will be registered with a named GP, but can be seen by any of the Doctors that work here. The practice has wheelchair access and disabled toilet facilities. Smoking is not permitted in the building. Mobile phones must not be used in the consulting rooms.
To provide a rapid response to presented illness.
To provide information to enable patients to choose a healthy lifestyle.
To prevent ill-health wherever possible.
To offer these services in a friendly, efficient manner which is appropriate to local needs and is in accordance with up-to-date medical opinion.